Saturday, June 16, 2007

A Bit of Good News

Its been two weeks and two days since I quit my last job. It seems like it hasn't been that long.

Yesterday I went job hunting and I put in an application at a beauty supplies store and when I walked in the lady at the counter said that they were hiring immediately so I felt pretty good about that....with good reason because at about 1:30 today  I got a callback for an interview on Monday. I'm so excited and hopeful. My fingers are crossed for a successful interview.

I might be making money soon. Which means I can get back on track and head toward my independence aka adulthood. Yay me. Hopefully my mom keeps her hands out of my pockets long enough for me to accomplish that.

Today is my Grandma's birthday and she doesn't even know it. Its not that she doesn't remember its that she cant. She's been living with Alzheimer's and she's pretty far in so she no longer does anything on her own anymore. I wish it didn't have to be that way. The family is throwing her a party at five today. Even though she cant express herself I still believe that at times she's aware of the things happening around her.

To top it off my aunt says she has cancer. Its not completely out of no where, it pretty much runs in the family. The real issue with that is that my aunt is a bit of a hypochondriac so sometimes she fine when she says she's not. So we are hoping that this is just one of those things.

No comments: