Monday, June 4, 2007

Just Stuff

Sometimes I like this song and sometimes its just annoying. I guess today is a day that I like it. My favorite part is, "...we all look like we feel..." I think this is very true no matter how hard a person tries to cover up their feelings something about them always gives them away. I like to think that I'm good at covering up my feelings and sometimes I am, but there are times where there's just no hiding.

I often try to justify the things that I do. For example, I'll buy something and I will not open, use or wear it until a 'special' occasion. Then when I come to finally use the item again the occasion is still not appropriate, but I end up using the item anyway and I justify it by saying to myself that there is never going to be an event appropriate enough so I might as well. Nothing exciting ever happens in my life so what's the big deal. Right?

I went to Wal-Mart today with my friend we were looking at the video recorders and we were jokingly taking pictures of each other and somewhere along the way she said, "Alright that's enough pictures, you know I'm ugly." All of a sudden she's become so aware of herself. It worries me.

No comments: