Friday, December 12, 2008

Thoughts On Love.

I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, EVIL stuff...and I want in.
-Homer Simpson

I am physically in love...a lover of the physical. I can describe it, hence it is. (For me)

He who loves the beautiful is called a lover because he partakes of it...with the implication that if those attractive habits change, so too does the relationship. Let it marinade.

I was thinking that most people who claim to be in love have a hard time putting in into words. That fact can be interpreted in one of two ways: Love cannot be examined or that something of that nature should not be examined because it just is...left beyond the minds reach as it were...beyond our intellectual capacity.

On the other hand when one presents the notion of being in love, conceptually speaking examination seems appropriate.

There is the chance that it is not complicated at all, maybe it shouldn't be held as high as it seems to be. There is a simple explanation for it all. Love is physical. It is nothing but a physical response to the one you're attracted. Physical motivation to the sexual impulse. It all comes down to self gratification whether one looks at it from the aesthetic view or the view of a geneticists.

If love is in fact physical then when a couple loses their sexual attraction to one another there is nothing left but obligations to that person if anything. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it is the same even if you don't believe love to be physical.

Whats the saying? 'Love is like food, sex is like eating food.' The two are hand in hand. Maybe love is physical first then the rest adds on, but again without the physical you have nothing.

Just some thoughts.

Jessica.

1 comment:

WordSnMotioN21 said...

I dont like this blog. Love is not just physical. You can love someone without being physical. If you mean physicality as an attractiveness aspect then yes that is an element of love. And I feel like somewhat knowing the person you are makes me understand more as to why you feel you have to explain or simply such an elaborate concept. If me and Sauda were to lose our sexual attraction I am not obligated to a damn thing (because our relationship isnt based on sex alone)but because I love him I still make the effort. If you are making love and obligation synomous in that sense then ok. I don't think you can pin love down to one thing. Maybe for you physical love is the only love you allow yourself to experience but it is not the only love or the definition of love.