Sunday, January 11, 2009

Random Guy. Simple Pleasures.

I hardly ever go out. Working and school pretty much dominates my life. When I do go out its either to a friends house or to see a movie. Every now and then I'll go shopping. Rarely do I go to parties, but a few days ago I went to one.

It was a typical house party, beer pong and all...nothing special, though there were a lot of other things going on. I had my drink...no one was to be without one...and I was leaning against the door frame...observing, when I was approached by a random guy.

Random Guy: You're smiling.
Me: So. I smile all the time. I'm amused.
Random Guy: That may be true, but you don't mean it.
Me: Why don't I?
Random Guy: Because you smile with a frown. Why do you do that?
Me: You seem to have all the answers, why don't you tell me.
Random Guy: Most times I do. (Have all the answers)
Me: So?
Random Guy: This isn't one of those times.

Eventually the conversation turned to us talking about the things we like to do and I didn't really have anything to add to that...which happened to be the perfect changeover to that of my resolution. (I haven't forgotten...yet) His suggestion was to start with the simple pleasures and go from there, so here are the simple things I take pleasure in:

-Laughing so hard it hurts
-Music
-Late night phone calls

-Rob Thomas
-Chocolate

-Solving a problem
-Temporary relief caused by taking a deep breath

-Johnny Depp
-Sleeping in

-Text messaging
-Coffee
-Good books

I never got his name.

Jessica.

2 comments:

Boy Next Door said...

Life really is about the simple pleasures.

After all, why should we complicate things?

WordSnMotioN21 said...

You smile all the time HA!