Sunday, April 11, 2010

Complete Opposites. Irrelevant.

I like to keep people I know in separate boxes. In other words, I keep different groups separated. I don't know why that is, its just how things happened. So when someone tells me that they want to meet someone from another group, I hesitate...not because I don't want them to meet, but because I don't think its a good idea.

I was proven right when I introduced a childhood friend to some friends from high school...bad vibes all day, but this isn't about that.

Now, I'm all about bringing people together, but things are different when it comes to certain people. For example...and the reason for this post...the Nice New Guy wants to meet Rob the Roommate.

Its not a big deal on paper, but in reality I just don't feel good about it.

Its like Affliction/Tapout meets Vans/Sonoma.


I remember an issue Lover and I used to have about me not introducing him to my friends and family. He thought I was hiding him, which wasn't the case, but in all honesty who would want to meet someone who rarely ever speaks back when he's spoken directly to? He couldn't care less about first impressions. Lover is the type of guy who is not going to change for anyone, what you see is what you get. (I applaud him for that...to a certain extent)

Rob the Roommate is rude in a different way. If midway into the conversation he stops giving a fuck, he'll tell you. If you say a word that doesn't have any logical definition (oh, ah, um, hmm) he'll stop listening.

The Nice New Guy is the complete opposite. Hes personable, he smiles and can talk about anything. He knows so much, it amazes me sometimes. (Swoon)

All of this is irrelevant.

No comments: